Our office offers internship and/or shadowing experiences for students.
Shadowing will give you the opportunity to observe what it is we do, how a private Podiatrist office works, interacting with patients and more. It is a highly valuable experience and can give a real insight into life as a Podiatrist.
For our internship curriculum, we offer exposure to the following (but not limited to)
- How and what Podiatrists do
- Understanding and preparing office procedures
- Preparing injections for patients
- Performing X-Ray for patients
- Reading and interpreting MRI, X-Ray, CT-Scan
- Understanding treatments for different ailments specific to patients
- Knowing different medications/dosages/side effects (guided by licensed Pharmacist)
- Casting patients for custom foot orthotics and how it helps patients
- Exposure to private medical office management (billing, insurance authorization, scheduling patients, etc.)
Please contact us for more information.